What a week! There are some really exciting things cracking at casa de Bailey. Some of them aren’t like super positive necessarily, but I’m really trying to sink into the mantra made famous by Olympian Kate Grace: Blame nobody. Expect Nothing. Do Something.
So, I’ve been trying to do a lot of somethings.
One of those somethings of course is training for the WDW Marathon. One of the things I do to get really psyched up about the race and keep me focused on training is read other people’s recaps of their marathon experience. Here are five that I’m really into!
- I got to meet Dani at Sarah and Matthew’s wedding this year and let me tell you — she is a DELIGHT. I’ve been reading her blog for 800 years and meeting her and her wife in person was pretty exciting. Also Tori and MB are like BFF which was amazing. Her recap of her Dopey Marathon is exactly what running a Disney Marathon should be about: believing in yourself and having FUN.
- Speaking of Sarah — her post from her first marathon — as part of the Dopey Challenge, remains one of the most inspiring posts I’ve ever read. I had no idea when I met her the journey she had been on and how she would ultimately lead me to make one of the best choices in my life. I love reading this post and thanking her in my head every time. That and she’s an all around bad ass broad.
- Steff and I met when she ran the Goofy Challenge in 2014. I remember so vividly hugging her mentally and cheering so loudly for her when she came through at mile 7. I had no idea that she would become one of my closest friend, never mind pace me to my half PR and through the marathon that shall not be named. She is fast, fierce and I love this recap.
- Patrick is my brother from another mother. I also met him for the first time in 2014. We went from barely high-fiving hello to figuring out we are long lost brother and sister. One of the things I love about Patrick — which you can literally see in his 2014 Dopey Challenge recap — is that he lives life fully, regrets nothing and takes nothing for granted. It’s really inspirational.
- Heather from Through Heather’s Looking Glass has run the marathon a bunch of times. But the 2013 recap (part 2) talks about going from a non runner to a multi-time marathoner. It gives me the chills every time!
Who inspires you? Happy weekend y’all!