I’m sure you’ve seen by now that I was selected to be a #GameOnPGH blogger for the 2017 Dick’s Sporting Goods Marathon! I’m so excited about this opportunity and thought that my regular Five Things Friday post was the perfect time to tell you why!
one of the best days ever.
- Pittsburgh is the city where my dreams come true. I say this every time I talk about Pittsburgh but this city really does mean everything to me. I’m a hometown girl, I met some of my best friends there, graduated from college, met and married my Prince Charming, had some of the best times and the times that taught me what I’m made of. Those include DNFing my first race, and then finishing my first marathon. Then taking on my back to back challenge. Not to mention the Burgh is still home to people that I love and adore, the food is amazing and the citizens are tops. (I also ran the relay and the half — so yeah — I love this race series).
- Pittsburgh puts on the best marathon. My experiences are vast and varied and I will always go back to Pittsburgh. Not just because of the lure of the first time but also because the race is well organized, well staffed and the city turns out in support of their runners. There is a real sense of pride in the city and the race all weekend — it’s truly magical to be part of. I cannot wait to dance with neighborhood volunteers in the back half of the race and eat my Smiley cookie at the finish.
- I love the marathon course. Did I mention that I’m running the marathon? That’s a different story for a different time. But I will say that this course is equal parts challenging and fun. I love running through all the neighborhoods I know and love, while beasting some of the most treacherous hills I’ve ever run (and I’ve run Big Sur, did you know that?).
- Spring marathons are kind of my jam. I had a good run, literally at training for fall marathons but truly, I think that spring is where it’s at for me. I’m a wilting violet in the summer, heat, humidity and sun so being able to rock out, even during the polar vortex is going to suit me just fine.
- My Ohana. Pittsburgh is usually a good place for so many of our running family to get together, run and catch up. I’m really looking forward to seeing all my friends that are family that weekend.
You can join me at the Pittsburgh Marathon! Use my code BAILEY17 for $10 off registration for any of the events. I really want to see you on the starting line.
Have a great weekend! Mine is going to be filled with training plans, scheming and my last cutback long rung — before taper!!